New Survey: 2020 Essential Facts About the Video Game Industry
Three-quarters of all U.S. households report at least one player in the home
Key findings from the survey include:
- 214 million Americans play video games
- 75% of Americans have at least one gamer in their household
- 65% of video gamers play with others
- The average age of a gamer is 35-44 years old
- Many players over 65 years old (46% of men and 63% of women over 65) have been playing video games for ten years or less
- 79% of gamers say games provide relaxation and stress relief
- 87% of male gamers ages 55-64 and 82% of women gamers ages 55-64 believe games provide mental stimulation
To view the full report, click here.
ESA President & CEO Stanley Pierre-Louis referenced the association’s new report in his keynote speech delivered at the Games for Change Festival taking place July 14-16, 2020.
You can view his speech here.
About the ESA
The ESA offers a wide range of services to interactive entertainment software companies, including conducting business and consumer research; providing legal and policy analysis and advocacy on First Amendment, intellectual property, and technology/e-commerce issues; managing a global content protection program; owning and operating E3; and representing video game industry interests in federal and state government relations. For more information, visit the ESA’s website or follow the ESA on Twitter @theESA.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-survey-2020-essential-facts-about-the-video-game-industry-301093972.html